Dune Control is a new mobile application for iOS and Android mobile devices
for remote control of Dune HD media players.
Dune Control has the following main features:
- Fully replaces the standard IR remote control.
- Uses Wi-Fi to connect to the local network.
- Automatically searches for Dune HD devices in the local network.
- Allows to control multiple Dune HD devices and easily switch between them.
- Browse and choose media content via Dune UI shown directly on your mobile device.
- Access local and network sources, Favorites, Recent, My Collection, Movies, Dune HD PHP plugins, etc.
- The menu shown on the mobile device mirrors the menu shown on the TV screen.
- Enter text into text fields in Dune UI using native keyboard on your mobile device.
- Photo viewer mode: view photos from the Dune HD device on the mobile device, control photo slide show.
- Now Playing:
- See the information about the currently played media content, including (when available) movie poster, movie title, music cover, music album/artist/track information.
- Control the playback (play/pause, stop, previous/next, playback position, volume).
Supported Models and Firmware Versions
Full functionality (including Navigator and Now Playing) is available only on
the latest generation of Dune HD media player models (starting with Dune HD Neo
4K), and only when using the latest firmware version (190330_0254_r13 or
Limited functionality (Remote only) is available on all Dune HD media
player models with all firmware versions.
How To Install
Update 3 (190328_2127.apk, firmware version 190330_0254_r13) (the first official version):
- Now Playing: Added automatic scrolling of too long text strings.
- Now Playing: Added BACK icon at the top left corner -- another convenient way to switch to Navigator tab.
- Now Playing: Too small cover images are now visually increased to fit available space.
- Now Playing: Volume control, when dragging, now immediately shows the actual (discrete) volume level.
- Navigator: Added automatic scrolling of too long text strings in the title bar.
- Navigator: Show "(empty)" text in empty folders.
- Navigator: More correct handling of scroll position after orientation changes.
- Remote: Added autorepeat feature: press and hold button to generate repetitive button presses (supported for arrows, REW/FWD, P+/P-, V+/V- buttons).
- Remote: Button presses now work quicker (on button press, not on button release).
- Remote: Bugfix: REW/FWD buttons were mixed with PREV/NEXT.
- Setup: Bugfix: IP address text field could be reset in some cases.
- General: Optimized network communication between mobile app and Dune.
- General: Mobile app now more quickly and smoothly detects changes of Dune UI state.
- General: Improved handling of network errors.
- General: Improved handling of app switching to/from background mode and handling of mobile device lock/unlock.
- General: Reduced visual blinking during app start.
- General: App icon updated.
- Misc other minor fixes.
Update 2 (190301_1357.apk, firmware version 190301_1357_r13) (alpha version):
- A lot of bug fixes.
- Added support for more screens, menus, dialogs which were not supported
in the mobile app previously.
- More complete support for photo viewer: added ability to conveniently
scroll through the photos in the current playlist by dragging the current
photo left/right; simple support for zooming a photo (on mobile screen
only) (use double-tap to exit zoom mode).
- Improved handling of Android apps: when entering an Android app, Remote
tab is shown automatically; when returning from the Android app, Navigator
tab is shown back; when starting media playback while an Android app is
active, the Android app is put into background and the media player is
- Improved handling of screen saver: actions in the mobile app
(navigation, playback, etc) now stop the screen saver (and reset its
- Improved handling of UI elements (such as controls in setup screens)
which do not fit into screen width: such UI elements are wrapped to the
- Fixed problem that navigation buttons (left/right/up/down) did not work
via IP Control in mouse emulation mode.
Update 1 (190211_1700.apk, firmware version 190210_0252_r13) (alpha version):
- Added support for folders with large number of items, all items can now
be accessed (via scroll) in all places (file browser, Movies, plugins, etc)
(previously only first 36 items were accessible).
- Added text editing support -- for all places in Dune UI where text can
be entered/edited (dialogs, setup, file renaming, etc).
- Added simple support for photo viewer: current picture,
PLAY/PAUSE/STOP/PREV/NEXT buttons, swipe left/right on the current picture
also does PREV/NEXT. Photo viewer status is shown in Navigator tab, Now
Playing can be used to control background music playback.
- Improved support for Full Blu-ray Menu playback mode:
PLAY/PAUSE/STOP/PREV/NEXT buttons, indication of current playback position
(time seek is not supported).
- Improved support for Movie Information screens (Movies, Kartina.TV,
- Added support for various screens, menus, dialogs which were not
supported in the mobile app previously (Kartina.TV / Search, Kartina.TV /
Start, Setup / Video, etc).
- Fixed the problem with "tabs" view type in Dune UI skins.
- Various other fixes and improvements in the mobile app.
You can send your bug reports and suggestions to the following email address:
support _at_ dune-hd.com