Dune players have a limited support for IPTV channels playback. You can use this feature only if your Internet provider provides IPTV channels matching the following specifications:
- Non-encrypted channels (free access).
- Multicast UDP (raw UDP) or multicast RTP (RTP-over-UDP) protocols.
- MPEG2-TS container.
- MPEG2 or H.264 video codec (any video resolution from SD PAL/NTSC to FullHD 1080p).
Consult with your Internet provider to check if such IPTV channels are available.
How to use IPTV feature.
Approach A. Use .M3U files. Just put multicast IPTV URLs corresponding to available IPTV channels (udp://@ip-address:port, the same syntax as used in VLC PC application) into one or several .M3U file and launch these .M3U files in the player.
Approach B. Use nice-looking menus with logo icons for each IPTV channel. Download and use an existing configuration prepared by someone else (see below for sample configurations), or create your own configuration using the so called "dune_folder" mechanism ( more details ).
Additional usage information:
- Use the PLAY remote button to launch the playback of IPTV channels in the file browser (when a folder contains links to multiple IPTV channels). Then use the MENU remote button to switch between IPTV channels.
- Use the PLAY remote button to start/stop recording of the IPTV channel during playback. Each recording session is saved as a separate .TS file in the "IPTV_recordings" folder in the primary attached storage. The primary attached storage should be properly recognized by the player and should have filesystem writable by the player (EXT2/EXT3 or FAT).
Sample configurations of IPTV menu with nice logo icons.
Sample configurations (NOTE: use the latest WinRar version to extract the content of these ZIP archives, to ensure that national characters in the filenames are handled properly):
- IPTV_config_Demo.zip- a demo configuration with a few dummy IPTV channels.
- NOTE: This configuration is not working, it is just a demo.
- IPTV_config_Corbina.zip- a configuration for public IPTV channels of Moscow Internet Provider "Corbina Telecom".
- NOTE: This configuration works only if your Internet Provider is "Corbina Telecom".
Using IPTV menu in the main screen.
To use a particular IPTV configuration as the IPTV menu in the main screen, do the following:
- Ensure that "SETUP / Applications / IPTV / Show in main screen" setting is set to "Yes".
- If you use Dune HD Ultra or Dune HD Mini player: ensure that "IPTV_config" folder exists at the top level of the "primary" drive attached to the player ("primary" drive is: internal HDD if it is installed; first recognized USB drive if internal HDD is not installed). If the "IPTV_config" folder does not exist, create it, e.g. using the regular "create folder" function of the file browser. After that, "IPTV" item will be shown in the main screen.
- NOTE: This step is not needed if you use Dune BD Prime or Dune HD Center player.
- Download a ZIP archive with an IPTV configuration (IPTV_config_ xxx .zip).
- Using a PC, extract "IPTV_config" folder from the ZIP archive into some storage media (e.g. onto USB flash drive, or via network to some player's attached drive).
- NOTE: Use the latest WinRar version to extract the ZIP archive content, to ensure that national characters in the names of IPTV channels are handled properly.
- In the player's setup menu, enable showing of system files (set the setting "Setup / Misc / Advanced / Hide System Files" to the value "No") (this is needed to show "dune_folder.txt" files, which are hidden by default).
- In the player's file browser, open the extracted "IPTV_config" folder and copy all files ("dune_folder.txt" and all subfolders) into the "IPTV" item of the main screen using the usual file browser functions: MENU / "Mark All", MENU / "Copy Marked Items", open the "IPTV" item of the main screen, MENU / "Paste".
- NOTE : An alternative method for the users of Dune HD Ultra or Dune HD Mini players: just copy the content of the extracted "IPTV_config" folder into the "IPTV_config" folder at the top level of the "primary" drive attached to the player.
- In the player's setup menu, disable showing of system files (set the setting "Setup / Misc / Advanced / Hide System Files" to the value "Yes").