Dune HD Solo Lite
This firmware packages consists of files which are distributed under different license terms, in particular under Dune HD proprietary license or under any Open Source License (namely GNU General Public License, GNU Lesser General Public License or FreeBSD License). For further details see file "license.txt" (license.txt) The source code of those files distributed as Open Source are available on written request to email@example.com or can be downloaded here: http://files.dune-hd.com/firmware/gpl/dunehd_gpl_source_code.tgz
Dune HD grants the non-exclusive right to personally use this firmware package which is delivered in object code format only. Licensee shall only be entitled to make a copy exclusively reserved for personal backup purposes (backup copy). Dune HD reserves all intellectual property rights except as expressly granted herein. Without the prior written approval of Dune HD and except to the extent as may be expressly authorised under mandatory law, this firmware package in particular
- shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available
- shall not be modified, disassembled, reverse engineered, decompiled or otherwise "be opened" in whole or in part, and insofar shall not be copied, distributed or otherwise made publicly available.
Version "170307_0153_r11" (BETA version)
Changes since 161107_1958_r11:
- New feature: The new "Music" application added to the main menu. - The application allows you to browse a global database of tracks/albums/artists, including browsing by genres and searching by titles/names. - For each track/album/artist, you can see detailed information, study discography, navigate between tracks/albums/artists, etc. - For most tracks (almost all popular / well known tracks), Music Videos are available and can be played (via "Play..." button in the menu on the track screen). - (In future, this application is planned to be integrated with the planned "My Collection for Music" functionality. Similarly to how currently the "Movies" and "My Collection" functionality is integrated.) - New feature: Added support for AirPlay audio streaming (audio only). - This feature enables convenient music streaming from mobile phones/tables and other devices to Dune HD box. You can do the following: - On iOS device (iPhone or iPad) or on a Mac, use AirPlay support built-in into iOS and Mac OS X to stream music/audio to Dune HD box from any iOS or Mac OS X application (or even from any web site in a web browser). Just start the playback and choose Dune HD box as AirPlay target in the system AirPlay menu. - On any device, use 3-party applications with AirPlay support to stream music/audio to Dune HD box. - On Windows PC, use iTunes application to stream music to Dune HD box. - On the client device, control music playback in various ways: choose tracks, switch between tracks, seek, pause/resume, adjust volume. - When AirPlay stream is played on Dune HD box, you see the following on Dune HD box: - On the TV screen: cover art and track/artist/album/genre information (when available). - For Duo4K, on the front panel display: "Track - Artist". - Audio is streamed in the original CD-audio quality (using Apple lossless codec at 44.1KHz). - AirPlay support can be disabled via the setting "Setup / Applications / AirPlay / Enabled". - The AirPlay device name can be customized via the setting "Setup / Applications / AirPlay / AirPlay Device Name". The default device name is "Dune (product_id ID)", where "product_id" is e.g. "duo4k" and "ID" is the last 4 characters of the MAC address (e.g. "97EA"). - New feature: Music playback: New GUI design of the music playback screen. - The new screen uses improved fonts, improved layout, shows nice background image and can show cover art image (when available). - A special screensaver version of this screen (with black background and moving content) (to prevent Plasma/OLED TV burn-in) is still available -- starts automatically on the general screensaver timeout (configurable in "Setup / General" menu). - New feature: Music playback: Cover art image is automatically looked up and shown on the music playback screen. - Embedded covert art images in music files is supported. - External covert art images are supported -- looked up in JPG files residing in the same folder where music files reside; any found JPG file is used, with preference to JPG files having filenames similar to the corresponding music filenames and JPG files having commonly used coverart filenames such as "cover.jpg", "album.jpg", etc. - New feature: Music playback: Extended support for CUE files. - CUE files can now be used not only by launching the corresponding audio files, but also directly, by selecting them in the file browser and pressing "ENTER" RC button. In this case, the playback of the audio file(s) referenced by the CUE file is started. - If a CUE file references multiple audio files, this is supported and handled properly. - If a CUE file references *.wav audio file, but the actual audio file is *.flac/*.ape/*.wv, this is is automatically detected and handled properly. - When multiple files are marked (or a playlist is automatically constructed by the pressing "PLAY" RC button on a folder or several marked folders), and some files in the playlist are CUE files, this is also supported and handled properly (even if both audio file and the corresponding CUE file are in the playlist). - New feature: Duo4K: Front panel display: In playback mode, the information about currently played content and the current playback position is shown on the front panel display: - During the first 10 seconds, the information about the currently played content is shown: filename, or "Track - Artist" if audio tags are available. - After that, playback position is shown. - If audio tags are available, pressing "INFO" RC button toggles showing "Track - Artist" again. - New feature: "Movies", "Music, "TV" buttons on Duo4K RC can now be used to quickly enter the corresponding main menu sections. - The corresponding NEC IR codes (can be used for universal RCs or for smart home integrations, see more information about IR codes at http://dune-hd.com/support/rc ): - Movies: 47 - Music: 58 - TV: 63 - Improvement: Music playback: Audio tags information from music files and CUE files is now extracted with the support for much more tags, much more music file formats, and much more file format variations. - Improvement: Music playback: All extracted audio tags are shown in the INFO panel (available via "INFO" RC button). - Improvement: Music playback: Improved encoding detection and handling for audio tags in music files. - The setting "Misc / Encodings / MP3 tag encoding" is renamed to "Audio file tags encoding". - The new value "Auto" is now available for this setting. When chosen, the player tries to automatically detect if the encoding is Unicode (UTF-8) or not, and if not, to use the encoding corresponding to the chosen UI language ("Setup / General / Interface language"). - The new value "Auto" is now the default value. - NOTE: The new default value will take place after settings reset. - Improvement: Music playback: Improved encoding detection for CUE files and playlists. - When "Auto" value of the setting "Misc / Encodings / Playlist and cue sheet encoding" is chosen, the chosen UI language is additionally taken into account when guessing the encoding based on file content. - New feature: My Collection: Added "Search" function which allows searching for movies in My Collection by movie title. Any fragment of movie title can be used. To use it: choose the new "Search" item in the My Collection menu or in the genre selection screen. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - New feature: "SEARCH" RC button can be used to quickly search for movies in My Collection or in the global Movies database, and for tracks/albums/artists in the global Music database. - When used inside My Collection menu: searches for movies in My Collection. - When used inside Movies menu, or at the top level of the main menu: searches for movies in the global Movies database. - When used inside inside Music / Tracks menu, or at the top level of Music menu: searches for tracks in the global Music database. - When used inside inside Music / Albums menu: searches for albums in the global Music database. - When used inside inside Music / Artists menu: searches for artists in the global Music database. - New feature: My Collection and Movies: When viewing the list of movie posters, "A" RC button can be used to toggle several view modes: - 4x2 + right panel. - 6x3 + right panel. - 6x2 without right panel. - 8x3 without right panel. - 5x2 fullscreen. - 7x3 fullscreen. - 10x4 fullscreen. - Vertical list of movie titles + right panel. - Improvement: When HDMI audio is enabled and HD audio is enabled (in "Setup / Audio" menu), analog and S/PDIF audio outputs are now kept enabled. This allows e.g. playing movies with HD audio bitstreamed to an A/V receiver, and playing music files with decoded audio sent to analog and S/PDIF audio outputs, without the need to change any settings when switching between these use cases. - Improvement: My Collection: when trying to play a movie which is located on a disconnected storage device, the name of the disconnected storage device is now shown. - New feature: My Collection and Movies: "P+" and "P-" RC buttons can now be used to quickly scroll through long lists (e.g. list of persons) on the movie information screen. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - New feature: My Collection and Movies: Pressing "UP" RC button on the movie information screen when the cursor is on the top menu item toggles showing / hiding the menu (can be used to view the fanart background image in fullscreen mode). - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Improvement: My Collection: The setting "Collection Management / Data storage / Store photo" is now set to "No" by default, because photo downloading often takes a lot of time and occupies a lot of space. - NOTE: The new default value will take place after settings reset. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Improvement: My Collection: Optimized the performance of indexing in some cases (especially when slow System Storage is used). - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Improvement: My Collection and Movies: Improved the GUI compatibility with some Dune GUI skins. - Improvement: System Storage: Added the check if System Storage is absent but may be useful when starting My Collection indexing, with the possibility to initialize System Storage at this point. - Improvement: System Storage: Improved the procedure for System Storage initialization. When System Storage is initialized, the data used by various applications is now copied from Flash Memory Storage (internal flash memory) into System Storage, and all applications and background services are now correctly deinitialized/reinitialized after that. Some other related improvements. - Improvement: TV GUI fonts extended to include all characters from Kazakh, Georgian, Armenian and Azerbaijani languages. - Improvement: Some GUI visualization and graphic loading operations optimized, to make GUI more responsive and smooth in some cases. - Improvement: Solo4K and SoloLite: Default value of the setting "Misc / Power Management / POWER button action" changed from "Power off" to "Software standby". - NOTE: The new default value will take place after settings reset. - NOTE: For Duo4K, this value was already the default in the previous firmware version. - Improvement: The information about background playback status, mute status, volume control status (in the right bottom corner of the screen) is now shown on more screens of the main menu (previously it was not shown on some screens). - Improvement: Playback of HTTP/MP4 and HTTPS/MP4 media streams optimized (improved buffering) for faster playback startup. - Improvement: When playing HTTPS media streams, more SSL ciphers are now supported, which can lead to faster playback startup in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Improvement: When pressing PLAY on a folder (or on several marked folders -- to build the playlist of all items in these folders and their subfolders), and the resulting playlist includes both music/media and photo/image files, the default choice in the "Choose Action" dialog is improved: now it depends on the number of files of diferent types in the playlist; e.g. if the playlist consists mostly of music files with only a few photo/image files, the default choice is now "Play media files". - Improvement: Duo4K: Front panel display: When navigating through the main menu, showing the currently chosen menu item caption on the front panel display and menu navigation via front panel buttons is now supported in more cases (in particular, on all screens of My Collection and Movies menus). Showing better captions in some cases. Some related improvements. - Improvement: Duo4K: Front panel display: Improved the font used to show HH:MM clock in standby mode and HH:MM:SS position during playback. - Improvement: Duo4K: "DISCRETE POWER ON" IR code is now supported not only in software standby mode, but also in hardware standby (power off) mode. - Improvement: Duo4K: if the firmware of the front panel microcontroller chip is damaged for any reason, it is automatically recovered on player boot. - Fixed: Duo4K: Click sound could be heard when starting/stopping audio playback in some cases. - Fixed: Duo4K: Read-only SD cards with NTFS filesystem could not be mounted. - Fixed: When 4K video mode was configured and TV or HDMI receiver was switched off/on, various problems could take place. - Fixed: When "Auto" video mode was configured and TV or HDMI receiver was switched off/on, various problems could take place. - Fixed: FullBD: Playback of BD images in FullBD mode did not work in some cases when BD image was launched from a specific location. - Fixed: DVD: When playing DVD images, DVD menu could not be shown properly in some cases, and crack sounds could be heard in some cases. - Fixed: Specific MPEG-TS files was not played correctly. - Fixed: Some specific MP4 files could be played without audio. - Fixed: External subtitles in ASS/SSA format could not be played when ".ssa" file extension was used and the new ASS/SSA subtitle rendered was enabled in player settings. - Fixed: Playback of MPEG-DASH video streams (such as YouTube streams) could not work properly when network or server error occured in some cases. - Fixed: Playback of HTTPS/MP4 video streams did not work in some cases. - Fixed: When playing a media file or stream with unknown duration, playback position (always 0) was shown in INFO OSD. - Fixed: The warning about potentially unsupported video stream format was wrongly shown in some cases. - Fixed: When adjusting the volume control related settings (in "Audio" setup menu) during playback, the changes was not applied correctly and lead to wrong GUI behavior in some cases. - Fixed: My Collection and Movies: On movie information screen, when movie description did not contain whitespaces (e.g. Chinese text) it was not line breaked. - Fixed: Recent menu: When playing some kinds of content which is not supported of Recent menu (e.g. Internet radio streams), items were wrongly added to Recent menu. Some other related improvements for Recent menu. - Fixed: The function of hiding system files did not work properly in the root folder of a storage device in some Dune GUI skins when certain Dune main screen style was used. - Fixed: It could be impossible to start the web browser again (or start HTML based applications) after the web browser was launched once. - Fixed: IP Control: start_file_playback IP Control command did not work when the player was in playback mode and the playlist was played (with more then one item in the playlist). - Fixed: DVD: When playing DVD images with specific AC3 or DTS audio streams, audio loss or desync could take place in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous - Fixed: When playing MKV files with specific AC3 or DTS audio streams, audio loss or desync could take place in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Fixed: When playing MP4 files with 44.1KHz audio, a short audio hiccup could be heard on playback start in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Fixed: Playback of specific MPEG-DASH streams did not work properly in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Fixed: Playback of specific HLS streams with some errors in the streams did not work properly in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Fixed: Kartina.TV application: Playing TV channels and TV channels archive using HLS streaming standard did not work properly in some cases. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Fixed: The player was not able to format 10TB HDDs into EXT2/EXT3 filesystem. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Plugins SDK improvements: - Added new media_url parameter "http_mp4_allow_other_formats:1" which can be used (together with "http://mp4://" URL schema) to optimize the playback of video streams which are most probably HTTP/MP4, but may be of other formats as well. - Added new media_url parameter "http_headers" which can be used to pass custom HTTP headers when playing HTTP/HTTPS media streams. - Added new media_url parameters "protocol:rawpcm", "rawpcm_sampling_rate:N", "rawpcm_bits_per_sample:N", "rawpcm_streaming:1" which can be used to integrate 3-party audio playback software into Dune HD box (using this feature, for example, 3-party audio playback software running on Dune HD box can stream PCM data into "named pipe" file, which can be played by the playback engine e.g. via "start_file_playback" IP Control command). - Added a possibility for an external 3-party audio playback software to send audio tags and cover art images to the audio player (/tmp/audio_player_tags.properties and /tmp/audio_player_cover.jpg files). - Added new features to the on-screen-keyboard UI control. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Added some possibilities for customizing INFO OSD block in plugin TV/VOD playback mode. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Added some possibilities for customizing EPG menu and for forcing EPG update in plugin TV playback mode. - (For Duo4K, this change was already included into the previous firmware version.) - Enabled "socket" and "pctnl" PHP extensions. - Added some other new features to PHP plugins API. - Updated/improved UI translations. - Various other minor improvements/fixes.
Version "161107_1958_r11" (stable version)
Changes since 160920_1542_r11:
- New feature: The new "Recent" menu added to the main menu. It lists the recently played media items (media files or movies from My Collection). - This "Recent" menu can also be quickly accessed by pressing "RECENT" RC button (available on the RC versions shipped with Solo 4K and Solo Lite models); when using the older RC versions w/o "RECENT" RC button but with "DUNE" RC button, "DUNE" RC button can also be used. - Up to 1000 recent files are shown. - Only files which were played for at least 10 seconds are shown. - For each file, the last playback progress/position (where the playback stopped) is shown. (NOTE: not yet available for FullBD and DVD playback modes.) - If the file is part of My Collection, the corresponding movie title with movie poster is shown in the list. - If the file is an episode of a TV series from My Collection, the information about the season/episode number is shown in the list; only the latest played episode is shown for each TV series. - Pressing "ENTER" on a file opens the file in context of its parent folder. Pressing "ENTER" again launches the file playback (the last playback position is automatically resumed, when technically supported). - "POP UP MENU" menu allows to remove individual items from the recent list ("Clear" action) or clear all items ("Clear all" action). - NOTE: The following features are not implemented yet, but are planned for future firmware updates: - Indicating recent items in My Collection and file browser. - Indicating playback progress for files played in FullBD/DVD modes. - Opening My Collection UI for files which are part of My Collection. - Quick play function by "PLAY" RC button. - Providing access to other kinds of recently played items (such as online content played via various plugins). - Other improvements. - New feature: The new "Movies" menu added to the main menu. It allows browsing the entire database of all movies and TV series (including the movies which are not part of My Collection). - Movies can be filtered by genres. - Movies can be searched by movie title. - The movies are sorted in a way to show first both the most popular and the most recent movies. - For each movie, the same detailed information is provided, as for movies in My Collection, including movie poster, fanart background images, movie description, cast and crew photos, descriptions, filmography. - The cast and crew explorer allows to navigate from movie to movie the same way as in My Collection. - If a movie is a part of My Collection, it can be immediately played same way as in My Collection. - New feature: YouTube movie trailers (and other YouTube video clips corresponding to the movie) are now available for all movies in the new "Movies" menu and for all movies in My Collection. - The movie trailers are listed in the new "Trailers" section on the movie screen. - Other video clips corresponding to the movie (when available) are listed in the new "Add.materials" section on the movie screen. - For each video clip, the title and the video resolution is shown. - Video clips with up to 1080p video resolution are supported. - Video clips in all available languages are shown. - Video clips in the user's language (according to "Interface language" setting) are shown first. - NOTE: Press "ENTER" during video clip playback to choose another video clip or navigate to other stuff (just like when playing any other video content). - NOTE: For movies which are part of My Collection, reindexing is required in order to enable YouTube video clips for these movies. - New feature: My Collection: video files representing trailers and additional materials are now listed separately from the video files representing the movie itself, in the corresponding new sections ("Trailers" and "Add.materials") on the movie screen. - New feature: My Collection: during indexing, episode titles are automatically extracted from filenames (when present in the filenames) and then shown in the UI. - New feature: My Collection: an external storage device (configured as System Storage) can be used to store the internal My Collection data and caches (such as downloaded and cached images). - When System Storage is available, it is used automatically during indexing; when it is not available, the internal Flash Memory Storage is used as before. - When starting using System Storage, the data and caches which were previously stored in the internal Flash Memory Storage are preserved. - The new "My Collection / Collection Management / Data storage" menu allows to check if internal flash memory storage or System Storage is currently used for My Collection, and to check for the free storage space. - To configure System Storage, use "Setup / Misc / System Storage" menu. - Also see: http://dune-hd.com/support/usb_flash_drive - NOTE: When using My Collection function, it is highly recommended to use as fast storage device as System Storage as possible. The preference is: - 1) An internal SSD-based SATA HDD. - 2) An internal regular SATA HDD. - 3) A fast USB flash drive (typically it should be a modern USB 3.0 flash drive). - NOTE: Typical regular USB flash drives are often rather slow and using them as System Storage can cause significant slowdowns of My Collection indexing operation, and reduced responsiveness of My Collection UI; if this takes place, consider the use of faster storage device for System Storage. - New feature: My Collection: when indexing a big collection of movies, and the free space in the used storage device (internal Flash Memory Storage, or external System Storage) is not enough to store all the required data and caches, or no free space remains after the indexing operation, the corresponding warning is shown on the "Manage folder" screen. - New feature: My Collection: the new settings "Store movie posters", "Store fan art" and "Store photo" (in "My Collection / Collection Management / Data storage" menu) allow to control if to download and cache in the flash memory movie posters, fan art images and person photos during the indexing operation. - When set to "no", the corresponding images are not downloaded and cached in the flash memory (and will be fetched online when browsing the UI), which makes the indexing faster and reduces the amount of the used flash memory space. - When set to "yes", the corresponding images are downloaded and cached in the flash memory, which makes the indexing slower and requires additional space in the flash memory, but avoids the need to fetch the images online when browsing the UI. - The default is "yes" for all settings. - NOTE: In the previous firmware versions, default was not to download person photos; downloading person photos could take noticeable additional time during indexing; if this not desired, you can disable "Store photo" setting. - NOTE: Person photos are downloaded only for a few first persons of each movie. - New feature: 3D rendering of subtitles and OSD. - Implemented for all playback modes (regular files, BDLite, FullBD). - Implemented for all 3D video modes (SBS/TNB, BD3D). - The new setting "Playback / Preferences / 3D depth for OSD" allows to adjust 3D depth of subtitles and OSD. - New feature: New renderer for ASS/SSA subtitles with full support for ASS/SSA format (including positioning, font size, colors, various effects). - The new setting "Playback / Subtitles / Enhanced SSA/ASS rendering" allows to adjust if TV overscan area should be taken account or not, and to disable the new renderer (i.e. enable the old plain text renderer). - The default is the new renderer. - New feature: New renderer for plain text subtitles based on TTF fonts. - The new setting "Playback / Subtitles / Text subtitles font type" allows to switch between the new renderer (TTF) and the old renderer (based on Dune proprietary font format). - The default is the new renderer. - New feature: Ability to choose TTF font for subtitles, with two fonts (Light and Regular) preincluded, and ability to install custom TTF fonts. - Available via the new setting "Playback / Subtitles / Text subtitles TTF font". - The default is "Regular". - To install a custom TTF font, launch ".ttf" file in the file browser. - New feature: Ability to choose TTF font for the advanced parts of UI which use TTF fonts (such as Movie screen in My Collection function), with two fonts (Light and Regular) preincluded, and ability to install custom TTF fonts. - Available via the new setting "Appearance / UI TTF font". - The default is "Light". - To install a custom TTF font, launch ".ttf" file in the file browser. - New feature: Automatic detection of text subtitles encoding for Korean language (automatic switch between EUC-KR and Unicode encodings). - New feature: Automatic detection of text subtitles encoding for Chinese language (traditional and simplified) (automatic switch between GB231, BIG5 and Unicode encodings). - New feature: Support for playback of PCM audio streams via HTTP (streamed PCM WAV), useful for some integrations. - Improvement: My Collection: posters, photos and background images are loaded faster and more efficiently; UI responsiveness during background image loading is improved. - Improvement: My Collection: when starting more than 3 indexing operations in the parallel, only 3 indexing operations are really executed in the parallel, with other operations waiting in the queue and executed sequentially. This helps to prevent too big load on the player which may cause UI stuttering. - Improvement: My Collection: indexing: improved handling of file and folder names in specific cases. - Improvement: My Collection: indexing: improved handling of TV series episodes when recognizing video files by their fingerprints. - Improvement: My Collection: when waiting for long operations, "Please wait..." message is shown instead of often misleading "Connecting...". - Improvement: When formatting System Storage, more optimal formatting options are used to allow to store bigger number of files even on not very big partitions. (Previously, installing too many plugins or storing too many files could cause "No space left on device" errors even when only a small part of System Storage was actually used.) - NOTE: If you encounter such a problem, or if you plan to use System Storage for My Collection and your collection is rather big, it is recommended to reformat and reinitialize System Storage. - Improvement: When initializing System Storage, not only an empty formatted partition can be used, but also an unformatted partition, or an empty partition containing only some empty system folders. - Improvement: When a network folder is renamed, the references to this network folder and the media content in this network folder (in "Favorites" menu, in "My Collection" function, in "Recent" menu) are preserved and continue to work correctly. (Internally, each network folder is now assigned an internal persistent ID.) - Improvement: All arrow RC buttons (LEFT/RIGHT and UP/DOWN) now by default trigger visual time seek operation when playing seekable media content. - The new setting "Playback / Control / LEFT/RIGHT buttons" allows to adjust the behavior of LEFT/RIGHT buttons, with possible options "Time seek" (the new default), "Volume control", "Choose function via SELECT" (corresponds to the old behavior). - The new setting "Playback / Control / UP/DOWN buttons" allows to adjust the behavior of UP/DOWN buttons, with possible options "Time seek" (the new default) and "Switch channels/files" (corresponds to the old behavior, also available with PREV/NEXT RC buttons). - Improvement: Added several improvements and fixes for Kartina.TV application (fix for possible server interaction failure, avoiding unneeded rebuffering when playback position was not actually changed during seek operation, improved cursor position after switching to the previous/next day in the EPG, sync with the latest changes in the server API). - Improvement: More correct handling of errors when playing media streams via RTSP protocol. - Improvement: More optimized CPU usage when playing media streams via RTSP protocol. - Fixed: My Collection: it was impossible to play a TV series episode when the episode was a BD or DVD image. - Fixed: My Collection: "Add to My Collection" function did not work in some cases for folders on SMB shares. - Fixed: My Collection: indexing: wrong indexing status could be reported in some cases after switching the player off or rebooting the player in other ways. - Fixed: My Collection: the UI for manual editing associations between files and movies did not work correctly in some specific rare cases. - Fixed: My Collection: minor other fixes for specific use cases. - Fixed: FullBD: When playing trimmed BD images, the function of automatic resuming last playback position worked wrongly in some cases (different BD images were not distinguished properly from each other). - Fixed: FullBD: When HDMI 3D support is disabled in player settings, BD3D discs still wrongly assumed that 3D is available. - Fixed: When playing AC3 audio tracks in AVI or MKV container in audio bitstream mode, various problems (such as A/V desync or disappearing audio) could happen in some cases. - Fixed: When playing MKV files, wrongly declared AAC audio tracks were not recognized in some cases. - Fixed: Playback of MPEG-TS files/streams with DVB subtitles could crash in some cases. - Fixed: Some exotic FLAC files could not be played. - Fixed: PAL sound speed correction function did not work correctly in some cases. - Fixed: VXP demo mode did not work properly. - Fixed: DVB-C scan/playback did not work properly in some DVB-C networks. - Fixed: When pressing "ENTER" RC button (to show the main menu) while the buffering was in progress, the playback could hang in some specific cases. - Fixed: When toggling the main menu showing during the playback (via "TOP MENU" RC button or in other ways), and then stopping the playback, the playback could hang in some specific cases. - Fixed: When using the time search function (enter HH:MM:SS time position), the cursor was displayed at a wrong location. - Fixed: HDD spindown did not work correctly in some cases when entering standby mode. - Fixed: SoloLite: Wi-Fi access point setup menu wrongly allowed to choose unsupported 5.0 GHz mode (which is supported by Solo4K only). - Updated/improved UI translations. - Various other minor improvements/fixes.
Changes since 160607_0250_r11:
- Added ability to use premium software functions: "My Collection" and "BD Menu" (was missing in the firmware version 160607_0250_r11). - Added ability to play DVD images (ISO and VIDEO_TS) with DVD menu support and SACD audio files (was missing in the firmware version 160607_0250_r11). - Includes all the improvements and functionality from Dune HD Solo 4K firmware version 160831_0240_r11. - Updated/improved UI translations.