Dune BD Prime 3.0 / Optical Drive Firmware
The following firmware versions could be preinstalled in the optical drive
(SunExt) of Dune BD Prime 3.0:
- Version HJ95 (shipped by default with first batches and latest
This version is recommended to install if you currently have version HJBQ
installed and experience problems with DVD/BD-R/BD-RE discs (see below).
- Version HJBQ (shipped by default with some batches):
According to the feedback of some users, this version may cause problems
with playback of DVD discs (unexpected playback crashes) and with playback
of BD-R/BD-RE discs (picture distortions), so it is not recommended. If you
got a player with the BD drive with this firmware version, and experience
problems with playback of DVD and BD-R/BD-RE discs, it is recommended to
replace this firmware version with the version HJ95 (see below for the
How To Check Current Optical Drive Firmware Version
Put the following DSF file onto a USB flash drive and "launch" it in the
player. It will report the current version of the optical drive firmware.
How To Install Optical Drive Firmware
Perform the following steps:
- Download a ZIP file with the optical drive firmware
("dune_bdprime3_optical_drive_fw_sunext_...zip"), and unpack it. It
contains just a single file "SUNEXT.B01".
- Create a DVD+/-R/RW disc containing just a single file "SUNEXT.B01"
(and nothing else). Use single session, and close the session (finalize the
disc). The recommended way is to use "Nero Burning Rom 8" or a similar
Power off the player, power on the player, wait until the player finishes
- Enter Setup menu on the player (this is very important step to ensure
correct operation -- do not stay on the main menu!).
- Press EJECT and insert the disc with the "SUNEXT.B01" file, press EJECT
again to close the tray.
- The BD drive will detect the disc and will update its firmware. Do not
perform any actions before the firmware update completes!
- Finally, the BD drive will eject the disc on its own. This means that
firmware update has completed OK.
- Power off the player, power on the player again.
- (Optional) Use the "dune_service_bdprime3_optical_drive_fw_version.dsf"
service file to check that the optical drive reports the correct firmware