HDD models to be used as an internal HDD.
For player models supporting an internal HDD (such as Dune HD Mini, Dune HD
Center, Dune HD Base, Dune HD Base 2.0, Dune HD Base 3.0, Dune HD Max, Dune
HD Smart H1, Dune HD Smart D1), please consider the following
- Use HDD with a suitable heat emission level. The exact suitable HDD
models may depend on various factors, such as the ambient temperature
and player cooling and airflow conditions. Generally, it is recommended
to use HDD models with the smallest possible RPM value (e.g. 5400 RPM),
smallest possible number of platters (e.g. 1 or 2 platters), and specially
optimized for reduced power consumption and heat production and for use
inside A/V equipment (e.g. Western Digital Green Power series).
- For example, HDD models such as Western Digital WD5000AACS (500 GB,
5400 RPM, 2 platters) and Seagate ST31000528AS (1000GB, 7200 RPM, 2
platters) are typicaly suitable.
- HDD models with high heat production, such as Seagate ST31500341AS
(1500 GB, 7200 RPM, 4 platters) are not suitable and must not be used.
USB WiFi adapters.
USB WiFi adapters based on the following chipsets are supported:
- RALink RT2870 (all Dune player models)
- RALink RT2880 (all Dune player models)
- RALink RT3070/3071/3072 (only Dune player models based on Sigma
Designs 864x/865x platform - Dune BD Prime 3.0, Dune HD Base 3.0, Dune
HD Max, Dune HD Duo, Dune HD Smart D1/H1/B1, Dune HD Lite 53D)
The most tested USB WiFi adapter is Dune HD Air.
More details on the supported USB WiFi adapters.
To use a USB WiFi adapter, attach it to the player, choose "Wireless
(Wi-Fi)" in Setup / Network / Connection, and adjust Wi-Fi settings as