Dune players have a built-in torrent client. It supports downloading and
uploading files to/from a drive attached to the player.
The torrent client is based on "btpd" (version 0.13) torrent client engine.
Note, the compatibility and features of this torrent client are limited in
comparison with the most advanced torrent clients for PC, plus media player
hardware has its own limitations (such as limited processing power), so
torrent client built-in into a media player can not be considered as an
equivalent replacement for PC-based based torrent clients.
- Ensure an EXT2/EXT3-formatted drive is attached to the player. Note,
this drive should be recognized by the player as so called "primary" drive
(it should be the only drive attached to the player, or, if you have
multiple drives attached, it should be the only drive attached to the
player during player boot). You may format any drive to EXT2 filesystem
used drive format function built-in into the player (press MENU on a drive,
choose "Information", then choose "Format Disk" or "Format Partition").
- Start torrent client in Setup / Applications / Torrents, or in Main /
- Download a .torrent file using PC, make it accessible on the player
(e.g using some USB flash drive).
- "Launch" the .torrent file in the player (select the file in the file
browser and press ENTER). The torrent will be added into the built-in
torrent client and its downloading will be started.
- Monitor the status of all added torrents and their downloading progress
in Main / Torrents.
- After torrent downloading is finished, you can playback it.
- Before starting playback of any content (especialy playback of a high
bitrate content), it is recommended to stop the torrent client. Otherwise,
there are more chances you will get stuttering during playback.
- Computing hashes of already downloaded files may take a while, to to
many hours, depending on file size. This is because of limited processing
power of the player.
- Before switching off the player, it is recommended to stop the torrent
client or stop all active torrents and wait until all active torrents are
fully stopped. Otherwise, reactivating of torrents would very likely cause
recomputing their hashes, that may take a while, up to many hours.
- If you want torrent client to start automatically each time when you
power on the player, enable auto startup in Setup / Applications /
- Depending on your usage conditions (local network, Internet provider,
used torrent trackers, etc) you may want to edit some settings in Setup /
Applications / Torrents / Settings.
- If you experience hangups when using torrent client, try to reduce the
maximum number of peers to 10 in Setup / Applications / Torrents /