Dune HD Duo
Dune HD Duo
Dune HD Duo is the uniquely equipped network media player. This model is oriented towards demanding customers who do not like compromised solutions or limitations related to home media library storage space and ease of access. For this purpose the engineers from Dune HD have equipped the Dune HD Duo with two hot swappable HDD racks for 3.5’’ SATA drives, which allows the Duo to reach the unprecedented internal storage space of 6 terabytes.
The Dune HD Duo utilizes the same advanced video processor by Sigma Designs (SMP8643) as the Dune HD Max. In addition to housing two internal HDD racks, the player has a slot for SD memory cards and three high-speed USB 2.0 ports for connecting external storage and extension modules.
One of the main features that distinguishes this media player from its competitors is its special compartment for extension boards. The compartment is located behind a panel at the rear of the media player. Digital TV boards, can be installed simultaneously.
The Dune HD Duo promises to be as successful as its predecessors which won all possible industry awards coming out on top in all comparative tests conducted by high profile technology publications around the world. Like the Dune HD Max, the Duo supports practically all audio and video formats. It is compatible with all types of “high-definition” sound formats (Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio). Special notice should be taken of the extremely fast networking speeds, IPTV and Internet radio functions, as well as the built-in Internet browser. New functions and supported formats are brought to the Dune HD Duo with the regular release of firmware updates.
- The newest Sigma Designs 8642/8643 media processor: enjoy excellent playback and performance of interactive features.
- HDD player: connect an HDD to the player and play content directly from the HDD.
- Network player: connect the player to a local network and play content directly from PC or NAS (UPnP, SMB, NFS).
- MKV player: play HD and SD video in a popular MKV format and other modern video file formats, including top quality HD video with very high bitrate.
- RealD: watch 3D video in this ultra modern format used in cinema for the latest movies.
- HD audio: enjoy top-quality audio tracks (Dolby True HD, DTS HD Master Audio, LPCM, FLAC).
- 3 USB ports: conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
- Two HDD racks with hot swap function: easily and quickly insert and exchange up to two internal 3.5" SATA HDDs.
- SD card slot: easily play media files on SD memory cards from your camera or other devices, or use an SD memory card as a local or system storage (required for BD Live function).
- HDMI 1.3: ensure the best possible quality of HD video and HD audio.
- A rich set of standard A/V connectors: use S/PDIF optical audio, stereo audio, component video, composite video outputs to easily connect any A/V equipment.
- Extended support for Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD Master Audio: output bitstream (up to 7.1 channels) or decode to LPCM (up to 7.1 channels) for maximum flexibility when connecting audio equipment, and for extended support of advanced playback features (such as Picture-in-Picture).
- Video output flexibility: output video in any resolution and format (from SD to 1080p, 24p/PAL/NTSC).
- Upscaling: high quality upscaling of DVD and any other SD video content to Full HD (1080p) or other HD resolution.
- File browser: convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
- High-quality music playback: play very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, DTS, etc).
- Playlists: build playlists from your folders, use your own playlists, use repeat and shuffle functions.
- NAS function: access files on storage devices (HDD, optical drive, etc) attached to the player from the local network (using SMB or FTP).
- Customizable user interface: work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (with Full HD graphics).
- Flash applications: extend the player functionality with FlashLite applications.
- Internet radio: playback and record various Internet radio stations (HTTP/MP3).
- IPTV: playback and record IPTV streams (multicast UDP/RTP) from your Internet provider (check availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with your Internet provider).
- Digital TV option: playback and record Digital TV channels using an optional Digital TV USB dongle (Digital TV USB dongle is not included; this option can be purchased separately).
- Internet browsing: view Internet Web sites on your TV using the built-in Web browser (built-in Web browser has limitations and may not allow to view some Internet Web sites).
- Processor: Sigma Designs 8642
- RAM: 512 MB
- Flash memory: 256 MB, expandable with a HDD partition, USB flash drive, or SD card (2GB recommended)
- Media sources: internal HDD (SATA 3.5”), external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP/RTP)
- Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher)
- Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, Blu-ray-ISO, BDMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
- Blu-ray playback: Blu-ray menu, BD-J, BonusView, BD-Live – for full Blu-ray structures (Blu-ray-ISO, BDMV) played from HDD and network
- Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC)
- Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual
- Audio codecs: AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS, MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, WMAPro, EAC3 (Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby True HD, DTS HD High Resolution Audio, DTS HD Master Audio, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, APE (Monkey’s Audio), Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, DTS-WAV, DTS, AC3, AAC
- HD audio support: pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) and decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of Dolby TrueHD and DTS HD MA audiotracks (Blu-ray structure, TS, MKV), pass-through (up to 7.1 channels) of multichannel LPCM audiotracks (Blu-ray structure, TS, MKV), decoding (up to 7.1 channels) of FLAC audiotracks (MKV, external)
- Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (Blu-ray structure, TS, MKV)
- Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS
- Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
- Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags, plasma TV burn-in prevention
- Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write)
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit (with 1000 Mbit/s experimental support) *
- WiFi: optional 802.11n WiFi (via an external USB WiFi stick, not included, Dune HD Air recommended)
- Dune Network Playback Accelerator: special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs 864x platform and enabling smooth playback of any supported kind of media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
- Dune HD Duo media player
- Remote control (batteries may not be included)
- Power supply cord
- AV cable
- HDMI cable
- Quick start guide
- Additional items (optional) may be included into the package, depending on player configuration, region, and distributor
- Player itself without legs: 429 mm (width) x 299 mm (depth) x 56 mm (height)
- Player itself with legs: 429 mm (width) x 299 mm (depth) x 65 mm (height)
- Gift box: 140 mm x 360 mm x 500 mm
- Net weight: 4.16 kg
- Gross weight: 5.66 kg
Country of originTaiwans
Warranty1 year warranty
- USA: 499 USD
- EU, with VAT: 499 EUR