Dune HD Lite 53D
Dune HD Lite 53D
Dune HD Lite 53D is an entry-level universal media player which allows to play back video of standard and high definition up to Full HD (1080p), and also can be used as a specialized set-top-box for digital TV programs reception.
The device is compact and looks attractive.
The player features two high-speed USB 2.0 ports, SD memory card slot for connecting external storage. Set of video outputs is represented by one HDMI v1.3 port, composite and component analog outputs. Sound may be connected via HDMI, using the optical Toslink interface, or an RCA stereo connectors. A special feature is the capability to play back audio and video files over a local network. For this purpose an Ethernet port is offered, which allows to transmit data with a high rate of up to 100 Mbits per second.
In terms of functionality, the Dune HD Lite 53D meets all requirements addressed to modern multimedia players of low-price segment, and in many points exceeds them. For example, it allows to install a 2.5" SATA HDD inside the case for recording and playback of different audio and video contents.
The Lite 53D is compatible with almost any modern audio and video format, supports IPTV and Internet Radio. It also should be noted that the functionality of the Lite family players is continuously improving by regular firmware updates.
- The newest Sigma Designs 8653 media processor: enjoy excellent playback and performance of interactive features.
- HDD player: connect an HDD to the player and play content directly from the HDD.
- Network player: connect the player to a local network and play content directly from PC or NAS (UPnP, SMB, NFS).
- MKV player: play HD and SD video in a popular MKV format and other modern video file formats, including top quality HD video with very high bitrate.
- 2 USB ports: conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
- SD card slot: easily play media files on SD memory cards from your camera or other devices, or use an SD memory card as a local storage.
- Digital A/V output: ensure the best possible quality of HD video and audio.
- A rich set of standard A/V connectors: use S/PDIF optical audio, stereo audio, component video, composite video outputs to easily connect any A/V equipment.
- Video output flexibility: output video in any resolution and format (from SD to 1080p, 24p/PAL/NTSC).
- Upscaling: high quality upscaling of DVD and any other SD video content to Full HD (1080p) or other HD resolution.
- File browser: convenient file browser with powerful file management (copy, move, delete, rename, organize, sort).
- High-quality music playback: play very high-quality (up to 192 Khz / 24-bit) music files in various formats (FLAC, Monkey’s Audio APE, WAV/PCM, DTS, etc).
- Playlists: build playlists from your folders, use your own playlists, use repeat and shuffle functions.
- NAS function: access files on storage devices (HDD, optical drive, etc) attached to the player from the local network (using SMB or FTP).
- Customizable user interface: work with media collections using cover art and icon browsing (with Full HD graphics).
- Internet radio: playback and record various Internet radio stations (HTTP/MP3).
- IPTV: playback and record IPTV streams (multicast UDP/RTP) from your Internet provider (check availability of multicast UDP/RTP streams with your Internet provider).
- Digital TV option: playback and record Digital TV channels using an optional Digital TV USB dongle (Digital TV USB dongle is not included; this option can be purchased separately).
- Processor: Sigma Designs 8653
- RAM: 256 MB
- Flash memory: 128 MB, expandable with a HDD partition, USB flash drive, or SD card (2GB recommended)
- Media sources: internal HDD (SATA 2.5”), external HDD (USB), external optical drive (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), built-in SD card reader (SD/SDHC), PC and NAS in local network (SMB, NFS, UPnP, HTTP), other Internet and local network media sources (HTTP, multicast UDP/RTP)
- Video codecs: MPEG2, MPEG4, XVID, WMV9, VC1, H.264; support for very high bitrate video (up to 50 MBit/s and higher)
- Video file formats: MKV, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, ASF, WMV, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS
- Optical disc formats: data discs (CD/DVD/BD) (MP3, JPEG, etc), Audio CD (PCM/DTS), DVD-Video (retail and user-authored discs) (playback of optical discs requires an external optical drive).
- Video output modes: wide range of supported output resolutions (up to 1080p) and framerates (including 23.976p, 24p, PAL, NTSC)
- Video output framerate: automatic (according to the played content) and manual
- Audio codecs: AC3 (Dolby Digital), DTS, MPEG, AAC, LPCM, WMA, FLAC, multichannel FLAC, Ogg/Vorbis; support for very high quality audio (up to 192 kHz / 24-bit)
- Audio file formats: MP3, MPA, M4A, WMA, FLAC, APE (Monkey’s Audio), Ogg/Vorbis, WAV, DTS-WAV, DTS, AC3, AAC
- Subtitle formats: SRT (external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, external SUB/IDX), PGS (TS, MKV)
- Picture file formats: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS
- Photo viewer functions: slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle
- Audio playback functions: browse playlist, repeat, shuffle, ID3 tags, plasma TV burn-in prevention
- Filesystems: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3 (read-write), NTFS (read-write)
- Ethernet: 10/100 Mbit
- WiFi: internal (only for the players equipped with internal WiFi adaptor) or optional external 802.11n WiFi (via an external USB WiFi stick, Dune HD Air recommended)
- Dune Network Playback Accelerator: special optimizations ensuring best-in-class network playback performance for the Sigma Designs 865x/864x platform and enabling smooth playback of any supported kind of media content via any network protocol (including NFS and SMB) even in 100 Mbit/s Ethernet networks.
- Player itself without leg: 142 mm (width) x 142 mm (depth) x 40 mm (height)
- Player itself with leg: 83 mm (width) x 142 mm (depth) x 162 mm (height)
- Gift box: 235 mm x 212 mm x 128 mm
- Net weight: 0.62 kg
- Gross weight: 1.6 kg
Country of origin
- One-year warranty.
- Dune HD Lite 53D
- USA: 169 USD
- EU, with VAT: 169 EUR
- Dune HD Lite 53D + Wi-Fi b/g/n
- USA: 189 USD
- EU, with VAT: 189 EUR
- Dune HD Lite 53D