Dune HD Network is a flexible information management platform and solution decision for general advertising and information display applications. The Dune HD Network system is designed for automated demonstration of media materials on displays of all types whether standard definition or high definition. It provides cyclic display of video materials with the ability to add scrolling text lines and logos during specified time intervals. It also enables remote control of all system devices.
Possible applications include:
- Public information — news, weather and local (location specific) information, such as fire exits or emergency notices.
- Internal information — corporate messages, health and safety, company news, etc.
- Advertising — either related to the signage location or for general audience advertising.
- Brand building — in-store digital signage to promote brands and build identity.
- Influencing customer behavior — direct customers to different areas of the retail store while increasing dwell time.
- Enhancing customer experience — applications include the reduction of perceived wait time in restaurant waiting areas, bank queues, etc.
- Enhancing the environment — with interactive screens (in the floor for example) or with dynamic way finding.
How it works
For a player to support Dune HD Network software an extra module called Digital Signage must be added to the basic firmware. This special firmware implements the functionality available with the Dune HD Network.
System settings are divided into two categories: Basic player settings (video mode, LAN, etc) and Digital Signage mode settings (video clips playlist and other settings of this mode).
The player settings reside inside the built-in flash memory of the player. In order to change these settings, it is necessary to use the remote control to exit the Digital Signage mode to the player menu (after the settings are adjusted, you may return to the Digital Signage mode selecting the corresponding icon).
The Digital Signage mode settings are stored on the attached storage media (e.g. the attached hard disk or USB drive), together with the playback materials. These settings are stored inside a plain text configuration file. This configuration file may be prepared or edited manually in advance (before attaching the storage media to the player) or created and modified via the network using FTP protocol. The content of this configuration file may also be remotely altered using the Dune HD Network Control Center application, which must be installed on any computer on the same LAN the devices are connected to. Attaching the storage media to the player) or created and modified via the network using FTP protocol. The content of this configuration file may also be remotely altered using the Dune HD Network Control Center application, which must be installed on any computer on the same LAN the devices are connected to.